Position (at present): Senior Scientific Researcher of the Laboratory of Soil Water Physics, Institute of Water Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences.
Scientific degree: Ph.D.
Scientific interests: modeling methods of optimization of the heat and water exchange in surface - atmosphere systems
Moscow State University, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, Department of Computing Systems and Automation, 1994 - 1999
Water Problems Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, postgraduate studies, 1999 - 2002
Water Problems Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ph.D in Geography, 2005
Participation in the International Projects:
2. Second Inter‐Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISI-MIP2) (Since 2015).
Scientific cooperation with the Institute of Hydrology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (Bratislava). Scientific Projects:
1. The processes of formation of water and carbon balances at the land surface and the impact of climatic changes on them (2005–2007).
2. The interaction between the land surface and the atmosphere (2008–2010).
3. Methods for assessing changes in the water balance components of river basins due to possible changes of climate and human activity (2011–2013).
Participation in the Russian grants:
1. RFBR, No 02-05-64213 (2002–2004).
2. RFBR, No 05-05-64161 (2005–2007).
3. RFBR, No 08-05-00027 (2008–2010).
4. RFBR, No 11-05-00015 (2011–2013).
5. Mega-grant RF, 14.B25.31.0026. (2013–2016).
6. RFBR, No 14-05-00027 (2014–2016).
7. Russian Science Foundation, No 16-17-10039 (2016–2020).
The author’s profiles:
Web of Science Researcher ID G-4725-2014
Elibrary: SPIN: 7684-5996, AuthorID: 162113
Publications in Refereed Journals:
1. Gusev E.M., Nasonova O.N., Kovalev E.E. Modeling the components of heat and water balance for the land surface of the globe // Water Resources. 2006. V. 33. No. 6. P. 616–627.
2. Yeugeniy M. Gusev, Olga N. Nasonova, Larisa Y. Dzhogan, Yeugeniy E. Kovalev. Hydrological predictability investigation of global data sets for high latitude river basins // IAHS Publ. 2007. No 313. P. 127–133.
3. Gusev E., Nasonova O.N., Dzhogan L.Ya., Kovalev E.E. The Application of the Land Surface Model for Calculating River Runoff in High Latitudes // Water Resources. 2008. V. 35. No. 2. P. 171–184.
4. Nasonova O.N., Gusev E.M., Kovalev E.E. Global Estimates of the Components of Land Heat and Water Balance // Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geogr. 2008. No. 1. P. 8–19.
5. Nasonova O.N., Gusev Ye.M., Kovalev Ye.E. Investigating the Ability of a Land Surface Model to Simulate Streamflow with the Accuracy of Hydrological Models: A Case Study Using MOPEX Materials // J. Hydrometeorology. 2009. V. 10. No. 5. P. 1128–1150.
6. Nasonova O. N., Gusev Y. M., Kovalev Y. E. Impact of uncertainties in meteorological forcing data and land surface parameters on global estimates of terrestrial water balance components // Hydrological Processes. 2011. V. 25. No. 7. P. 1074–1090.
8. Gusev E.M., Nasonova O.N., Dzhogan L.Ya., Kovalev E.E. 2011. Northern Dvina runoff simulation using land-surface model SWAP and global databases // Water Resources, 38 (4), 470–483.
9. Nasonova O.N., Gusev E.M., Kovalev E.E. Reproduction of runoff hydrograph of northern rivers using global data base // Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Geogr. 2012. No. 5. С. 61–70.
10. Nasonova O.N., Gusev Ye.M., Kovalev E.E. Investigating the ability of a land surface model to simulate hydrological processes in cold and mountainous regions // IAHS Publication. 2013. No. 360. P. 99–104.
11. Gelfan A., Semenov V.A., Gusev E., Motovilov Y., Nasonova O., Krylenko I., Kovalev E. Large-basin hydrological response to climate model outputs: uncertainty caused by internal atmospheric variability // Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 2015. V. 19. P. 2737–2754.
12. O.N. Nasonova, Y. M. Gusev, E. M. Volodin, and E. E. Kovalev. Ability of a land surface model to predict climate induced changes in northern Russian river runoff during the 21st century // Proc. IAHS. 2015. No. 371. P. 59–64.
13. Ye.M. Gusev, O.N. Nasonova, L.Ya. Dzhogan, and E.E. Kovalev. Scenario forecasting changes in the water balance components of the Olenek and Iindigirka river basins due to possible climate change // Proc. IAHS. 2015. No. 371. P. 13–15.
14. Yeugeniy M. Gusev, Vladimir A. Semenov, Olga N. Nasonova, Evgeny E. Kovalev. Weather noise impact on the uncertainty of simulated water balance components of river basins // Hydrological Sciences Journal, 2017. V. 62. No. 8. P. 1181-1199.
15. Olga N. Nasonova, Yeugeniy M. Gusev, Evgeny E. Kovalev, and Georgy V. Ayzel. Climate change impact on streamflow in large-scale river basins: projections and their uncertainties sourced from GCMs and RCP scenarios // Proc. IAHS. 2018. No. 379. P 139–144.
16. Yeugeniy M. Gusev, Olga N. Nasonova, Evgeny E. Kovalev, and Georgy V. Ayzel Impact of possible climate changes on river runoff under different natural conditions // Proc. IAHS. 2018. No. 379. P. 293–300.
17. Yeugeniy M. Gusev, Olga N. Nasonova, Evgeny E. Kovalev, and Georgii V. Aizel. Modelling river runoff and estimating its weather-related uncertainty for 11 large-scale rivers located in different regions of the globe // Hydrology Research. 2018. V. 49. No. 4. P. 1072–1087.
18. Gusev E.M., Nasonova O.N., Kovalev E.E, Ayzel’ G.V. Possible Climate Change Impact on River Runoff in the Different Regions of the Globe // Russian Meteorology and Hydrology. 2018. V.43. No. 6. P. 397–403.
19. Nasonova O.N., Gusev Ye.M., Volodin E.M., Kovalev E.E. Application of the land surface model SWAP and global climate model INMCM4.0 for projecting runoff of northern Russian rivers. 1. Historical simulations // Water Resources. 2018. V. 45. Supplement 2. P. 73–84.
20. Nasonova O.N., Gusev Ye.M., Volodin E.M., Kovalev E.E. Application of the land surface model SWAP and global climate model INMCM4.0 for projecting runoff of northern Russian rivers. 2. Projections and their uncertainties // Water Resources. 2018. V. 45. Supplement 2. P. 85–92.
21. Gusev E.M., Nasonova O.N., Kovalev E.E., Ayzel G.V. Modelling water balance components of river basins located indifferent regions of the globe // Water Resources. 2018. V. 45. Supplement 2. P. 53–64.
22. Gusev E.M., Nasonova O.N., Kovalev E.E., Ayzel G.V. Impact of possible climate change on extreme annual runoff from river basins located in different regions of the globe // Water Resources. 2019. V. 46. Suppl. 1. P. S126–S136.
23. Nasonova O.N., Gusev Ye.M., Kovalev E.E., Ayzel G.V., Panysheva K.M. // Projecting changes in Russian northern river runoff due to possible climate change during the 21st century: A case study of the Northern Dvina, Taz and Indigirka rivers // Water Resources. 2019. V. 46. Suppl. 1. P. S145–S154.
24. Gel’fan A.N., Kalugin A.S., Krylenko I.N., Nasonova O.N.,. Gusev E.M, Kovalev E.E. Testing a Hydrological Model to Evaluate Climate Change Impact on River Runoff // Russian Meteorology and Hydrology. 2020. No. 5.